Paul Teshima @ Wealthsimple on Startups that ‘Fail’, Rocket Ship Growth & Building Happy Teams
We’re so excited to share this week’s episode of Dig In where we chat to Paul Teshima, the Chief Client Experience Officer at Wealthsimple. In his role, Paul leads the client success, operations, portfolio management and Work teams. And he’s got a crazy cool background, previously co-founder and CEO at Nudge (acquired by Affinity in 2020) and a founding team member at Eloqua, which grew from $0 to over $100 million in revenue, IPO-ed, and was acquired by Oracle for a cool $957 million.
- What it was like to join Wealthsimple, and how that’s changed in the last 8 months
- The key challenges and opportunities that Paul is wrestling with in Wealthsimple’s category
- How Paul and his team approach recruitment and keeping employees happy and fulfilled
- How Paul would boil down the lessons he learned at Eloqua and Nudge
- What Paul learned from a ‘failed’ startup (not quite a failure, in our eyes, very much his words!)
- How Paul uses his previous experiences at Nudge and Eloqua to be a better leader at Wealthsimple
If you’re keen to understand how someone like Paul thinks about business growth, starting a business, and perhaps most important, retaining high-functioning teams, tune into this episode!
Subscribe to our podcast on your favourite platforms:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
- Other platforms
Have ideas for our next episodes? Connect with Meagan, our Senior Marketing Director on LinkedIn.
Enjoying our podcast? Leave us a review on a platform of your preference!
Connect with us here: